As with all traditions, they evolve as time passes, and cross the geographical and cultural boundary, especially when they come to a country like Japan. The Japanese are renowned for their innovation and creativity as they modify gadgets and technology to integrate into their daily lifestyles.
Halloween, too, inevitably had to face the same fate.
Arguably one of the most popular Japanese contemporary culture is the Cosplay (Costume Play), where people dress up in their favorite anime characters (many of the costumes made by themselves). So let's see how the Japanese do what they do best- blending the traditions of Halloween with their cosplaying to form a whole new culture!
If you are in desperate need for ideas for your last Halloween party, here are some themes to choose from!
1. Become the most recognizable fast food chain icon
Ronald Macdonalds @ IZAKAYA (Japanese drinking pub)
You might attract sexy and bloody nurses and bunnies.
2. Become Superheros to save the world
Walk in the middle of the Shibuya Scramble Crossing and bask in the limelight!
Let's go save the world!
3. Become Super Mario and save the Princess!
4. Become Dragonball Characters and embark on your journey to collect the 7 hidden balls!
5. Feeling hungry? Become a hamburger yourself!
6. Become sexy Bat-woman in Japan
7. Blending Japanese Tradition with Western Halloween Culture
8. Become the Chinese Zombie- Ghosts- Jiang-Shi
9. Turn into Bloody Eyeballs
10. Let your imagination run wild...
Stick a knife through your head? Think twice...
Turn into dirty dolls...?
Now you won't lack of any ideas for the upcoming halloween!